Passport, Visa & Residence Permit


Students from EU countries do not need a passport, nor a visa/residence permit to study in France. A valid identity card is sufficient.

Students from other nationalities must have valid passports for the entire period of the stay in France and should consult the French Consulate in their home country for visa requirements.  

Types of visa for study purpose

  • Short-stay visa for academic periods lasting up to 90 days. 
  • Temporary long-stay visa for academic periods exceeding 3 months.  
  • Long-stay visa equivalent to a residence permit (VLS-TS) for academic periods exceeding 6 months. Holders of the VLS‑TS visa have to report to the French Office of Immigration and Integration (OFII) and complete several administrative formalities upon arrival.  

The visa wizard will help you determine, depending on your situation, the visa requirements to which you are subject as well as the submission fee and required supporting documents. 

In some countries, the process of applying for a student visa is now web-based. You must follow Campus France’s online EEF-Studies in France procedure (“Etudes en France”) if you live in one of the following countries:  

  • AFRICA: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Gabon, Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mali, Democratic Republic of Congo, Senegal, Togo, Guinea, Nigéria, Tchad. 
  • ASIA: China, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, Vietnam. 
  • AMERICA : Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, United States, Mexico, Peru, Haïti. 
  • NORTH AFRICA/MIDDLE EAST: Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia. 
  • EUROPE: Russia, Turkey. 

More information about Campus France’s online procedure at

Residence Permit

Efrei Paris has established a partnership with the Sous-Préfecture de Police de l’Haÿ-les-Roses in order to facilitate the procedures related to the renewal of the residence permit for international students.

International students can contact Efrei Paris students Registrar’s Office for more information.